Reserve a Room
As part of our service to the community, the St. Charles City-County Library provides meeting rooms, study rooms, or event spaces for use by local community groups, organizations, and individuals.
You can reserve a room if:
You have a library card in good standing
You are at least 16 years of age
You plan to remain in the branch while the room is reserved
You have reviewed the room usage policy and agree to abide by it in its entirety
Your reservation is not complete until you receive an email or phone call confirmation.
Meetings must be scheduled 72 hours in advance. If you need to schedule a room with 72 hour notice or less, please contact the library directly.
- The customer holding the reservation must be present within 10 minutes of the start time or the reservation will be canceled.
- Reservations may begin 30 minutes after opening. Reservations must end 30 minutes before closing.
- Reservable for meetings with an anticipated attendance of 4 or more persons.
- Individuals or groups may book a meeting room once every 30 days at any branch.
- Meeting rooms are reservable up to 45 days in advance.
1. Available to individual customers and small groups in 1 or 2 hour increments dependent upon branch availability and location.
2. Spencer Road Branch, Kathryn Linnemann Branch, and Corporate Parkway Branch
- Rooms are reservable up to 14 days in advance.
- Reservations are limited to
- 1 reservation per 5 day period.
- A maximum of 2 hours per party, per day.
3. Library staff reserve the right to limit individual customers and small groups to a single-use period during times of high customer demand.
- Three large event spaces are available on the second floor of the Spencer Road Branch.
- There are multiple setup options for the Event Space Rooms. Some are free, some require a fee. Select the rooms in our online reservation system to see the options.
- A porter/custodian fee of $25 an hour will be assessed for groups projecting attendance of more than one hundred persons. Groups projecting attendance of more than two hundred persons will require two porters.
- The event spaces offer digital projectors with supplemental flat-screen televisions, a Blu-Ray player, and a sound system with wireless and handless microphones. Please contact the Library to discuss A/V needs or set up a training.
- Food may be served in the event rooms. Light snacks such as cookies, donuts, and bagels may be carried in. All other food service or alcohol service must be conducted via the Library's approved caterers. Any time food is served in a large event room, a $25.00 Food Service Room Cleaning Fee will be charged.
- Event spaces are reservable 3 months in advance.
The following caterers have been approved to cater meals at the Community Commons.
- Fees or collections for admission may not be charged.
- Rooms may not be used for commercial purposes (sale of goods or services, executing fee-for-service agreements, etc.). Presenters shall make no solicitation of attendees to secure clients for their commercial purpose.
- Purposes or views of customers reserving rooms shall in no way be announced or advertised so as to suggest that the organization’s mission or views are endorsed by the Library. Publicly distributed marketing materials for any program held in a Library meeting room must include the language, "This program is not affiliated with or sponsored by the St. Charles City-County Library".
- Customers shall abide by the Library's Code of Conduct.
- Room setup and breakdown are the responsibility of the group using the room. Furniture must be returned to its original position and the room clean for all rooms unless room usage and cleaning fees have already been assessed and paid.
- Customers shall be assessed for damage and the need for excessive cleaning. The use of tacks, permanent tape, and other items listed in the policy is prohibited.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for items left on the premises.
- A failure to abide by these rules may result in restricted access to Library rooms.