The St. Charles City-County Library District was established on August 1, 1973, when the Kathryn Linnemann Library of St. Charles merged with the St. Charles County Library District. It is governed by a board of trustees and funded primarily through property taxes. Today, eleven library branches serve residents throughout St. Charles County.
The Library inspires, informs, and enhances connections across St. Charles County.
The St. Charles City-County Library is a catalyst for customers to build successful lives, families, and communities.
- We offer superior customer experiences
- We encourage learning and discovery
- We are inclusive and provide access to all
- We cultivate collaboration and innovation
- We believe in the freedom to know
- We respect diverse perspectives
- We foster a positive work environment
- We are committed to integrity and wise stewardship of resources